1. Students and Instructors will bow to the flags each time they enter or leave the floor, to demonstrate respect to the instructors and fellow students.
2. If students are late for class, they should ask permission to enter class. Permission must be obtained to leave the class for any reason. If you are more than 10 minutes late to class, you will not be given credit for that class.
3. Students will respond “Sir/Ma’am” in conversation with everyone. When addressing Instructors and Black Belts, stand respectfully and address them by their proper title and last name.
4. Students will turn away from instructors, training partners or opponents when adjusting their uniform or belt.
5. Students are encouraged to participate enthusiastically in class, however, they are to avoid unnecessary conversation or other distracting behavior.
6. No student, regardless of rank, may instruct or correct another student without permission from the Instructor.
7. A clean uniform is imperative in each class as a reflection of the student’s pride.
8. Female students must wear a white t-shirt under their uniform.
9. Students will not wear outside shoes on the workout floor.
(ask about approved training shoes)
10. No jewelry shall be worn in class with the exception of a wedding band.
11. All belts should be tied to hang evenly, as one side (left) represents the mind, the other side (right) represents the body and the knot (center) represents the spirit to bind them together.
12. Students may not engage in free-sparring without all proper gear and direct supervision of the instructor.
13. There will be NO profanity on the school premises at any time.
14. Permission of the student’s instructor is required before a student may attend another school or martial arts function.
15. High Ranking visitors to the school should be greeted with appropriate respect; if class is in session, all members should immediately stop and bow.
16. Students, parents and guests will not converse with any person involved in a class session without permission from the instructor.
17. The audience is encouraged to cheer on students during class, testings or other school functions, however, please keep all conversations and noise to a minimum. For the courtesy and comfort of others, please remove loud or disruptive small children.
18. Please show your school pride by; keeping the premises neat, clean and orderly.
19. Students with hair touching their collar must have it tied back.